Friday, January 27, 2012

Name Tags

When the Cricut is mentioned, most people think of fancy titles, cool images or elaborate creations.  While this is all true, I also like the consistency that a Cricut provides.

During Bear Week at preschool, the kids were allowed to bring their animals to school with a name tag.  Because my boys are close in age, I made some for each of my kids and their favorite animal.  I took a picture of each boy with their animal and printed them out as 2x3" (wallet) size. 

I figured out the size I needed (5") then used the 'George and Basic Shapes' cartridge and cut out 8 rectangles.


I fussy cut a window in 4 of the rectangles for the picture to show through.  (Sorry I don't have a picture of this step but little boys were hovering.)  Then I glued the pieces together and taped the edges so it wouldn't come apart.  I added their names and the names of their animal and punched a hole for the string.


In the morning, I put the name tags on their animals.


I made sure to get a picture of everyone...


...and we went to school.  Here they are with the teacher.


I'm happy to say everyone had a very good day.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I used my cricut to make name tags for my Retreat ladies and they loved them...these teddy bears look so cute with theirs. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete