Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lookin' hoppy

The boys were behaving for a while so I decided to participate in a 'progressive challenge.'  The hostess provides a list of techniques or embellishments to add to a scraplifted design.  Your entire layout must be done in a specified amount of time.

This is the layout I lifted:





Here is what I made:


I like this challenge because it reminded me of tools and techniques that I haven't used in a while.  One part I really like is the masked outline.  First I cut out the large semi-circle.  Then I inked on the edge of the scrap paper and inside where the circle would lay.


This creates a nice clean edge and a fuzzy edge.


The semi circle covers the fuzzy edge and you are left with a nice, clean, inked edge.


I plan on using this technique more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment