Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stuff from NSD

Hi!  I hope you all had a great National Scrapbook Day.  I did!  I hung out on scrapbook.com all day and participated in their challenges.  Here is what I created:

The first challenge was to make a themed card, using only scraps, in an hour.  I chose Father's Day.  I used scrap paper, some stickers and doodled.


After the card, all the challenges were for 2 hours.  Next we had to make a layout about our favorite tool.  It was a good way to honor and advertise the item you use most.  I did the layout about my trimmer.  I used paper, buttons, Thickers and Stickles.


In the preparations blog it mentioned we needed a large tag and lined paper, so I thought we were making a tag.  Wrong!  Our next challenge requirement was 5-10 sentences of journaling.  I had already made kits for the other topics, but not this one.  So I frantically looked for pics, paper and pieces that coordinated.

I ended up making a layout about my boys looking at bugs.  This was the first time I got to use my bug punches, so that was a nice bonus.


The fourth challenge was to use 3-5 pics on a vacation/travel layout.  We haven't gone anywhere in the past few years so I chose to scrap our honeymoon in San Antonio, TX.  (Awesome place to visit btw)  I hand drew and cut the large state.


The last challenge was to make flowers for a layout.  I don't like/use/do flowers so this was a realllllly big challenge for me.  I did it, with paper and buttons, but I hate how they turned out.  Later I'm going to take the 'flowers' off and replace them with flat circles and buttons.  Then I will be happier.


I had such a blast.  NSD is already marked on the calendar for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment